Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Step 10

I went to a meeting and the subject was Step 10. The fellow that shared stated that he knew when he needed to do a Step 10 when he started to feel "restless, irritable and discontented" (pg xxviii Big Book). Also, he referred to the bedevilments on pg 52 of the Big Book:
  • We were having trouble with personal relationships
  • We couldn't control our emotional natures
  • We were a prey to misery and depression
  • We couldn't make a living
  • We had a feeling of uselessness
  • We were full of fear
  • We were unhappy
  • We couldn't seem to be of real help to other people

Then of course there was the starting to obsess about the object of addiction. I certainly need to go through this process (Steps 4-9) again. I am definitely restless and discontented. The pit of my stomach is always churning. Though my life is not a total disaster, I am affected by the bedevilments to a degree. There are areas of my life that I am not happy with - work, finances especially. I don't feel like my attention is on my work properly. I am full of fear though I can't exactly nail down why. This is just a very broad overview of the problem as I see it. It is time to dive into Step 4 and get it all out. May I have the courage to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment